Saturday, October 20, 2007

Adjusting my Focus.

I'm writing this post to help me determine and adjust my focus so that I can move ahead and accelerate to great speeds on the journey to my goal.

This is my goal - Securing an All India Rank of below 1000 in AIEEE, 2008.

To do this, I plan on completing my portions completely by Mid-February (say around 20th maybe).

There are 35 chapters in Mathematics. My strategy for Mathematics will be mainly to just focus on devouring the chapters, one after the other. There is no approximate time-limit or anything set for a chapter, or a set of chapters. I'm confident that I'll complete the whole thing, 100%, by the stipulated target.

The most scoring subject is Chemistry, where my aim will be to get 95% of the questions in the examination correct. This will greatly depend on my knowledge and strength in Organic Chemistry and knowing the overall theory perfectly. So this means I'll plan on first devouring the whole NCERT text book one chapter after the other, including organic chemistry; but I'll concentrate far higher on the organic part in both the NCERT and Modern Abc text books. As for solving the objectives, I will use either the Page Material or find a book for it. As soon as I do find the book, I'll update you guys. But overall, theory seems to have a great importance.

The Physics part of the exam will be the part which will require maximum concentration. It will put the exam-taker's concentration levels to a great test. For physics, I'm most likely going to read theory from the NCERT text books for 1 hour everyday, and solve the objectives from Ladiwala and the Page Material. I'm looking at a practical scoring aim of 75% of the problems in Physics.

This is the plan. I'll record my results in this week and update you guys.


I'm looking at kick-starting this journey off with 7 days with a minimum of 6 hours each on an average, and if possible 8 hours towards the end of the week. I'm looking at touching an average of 10 hours a day for November and 14 hours a day for December, and maintain 14 hours thru Jan and Mid-feb.

Astlavista.

No comments: